New footage captures the destruction of Ukrainian tanks and other armored vehicles.
The Russian Ministry of Defense has published new footage of kamikaze drone strikes against Ukrainian troops. The attacks were carried out in the “Nikolayev-Krivoy Rog axis,” the military said, apparently referring to combat ongoing in the new Russian region of Kherson, where Kiev forces continue their attempts to dislodge the country’s military from their positions.
The video was shared by the military on Thursday, and incorporates footage captured by kamikaze drones and surveillance UAVs that were observing the strikes. The video shows direct hits on Ukrainian tanks, self propelled-artillery pieces, a US-made HMMWV armored car, and an unmarked civilian car used by a group of soldiers.
“As a result of the use of the UAVs, several tanks, self-propelled artillery pieces and wheeled vehicles, including those supplied by NATO countries, were destroyed,” the ministry said in a statement.
While the military did not explicitly identify the munitions used during the strikes, footage suggests it was an upgraded version of a Lancet kamikaze drone. Developed by the subsidiary of the Kalashnikov concern, Zala Aero, the drone packs a 5kg warhead and is capable of staying in the air for over an hour. Unlike the earlier version of Lancet, the upgraded drone has larger front and smaller tail wings, while the former had two symmetrical X-shaped wings.
INFORMATION ON THE NATO-RUSSIA CONFLICT IN UKRAINE
As they did with COVID, the New Zealand state-subsidized legacy media is publishing a great deal of mis/disinformation on the Russian Special Military Operation in Ukraine, based on demonstrably false US or UK intelligence/propaganda reports and/or ‘anonymous’ Ukrainian military sources, or their overseas legacy media partners. For unbiased, factual accounts on what’s really happening on the frontlines DTNZ recommends the following sources:
- Graham Phillips – independent British journalist in the Donbass
- Patrick Lancaster – independent US journalist in the Donbass
- The New Atlas – Thailand/US based geopolitical and military expert analysis
- The Duran – UK and Greek based geopolitical and military expert analysis
- The Dive with Jackson Hinkle – US based geopolitical analysis
- Judging Freedom – US based political analysis
- Scott Ritter News – Former US Marines Intelligence Officer and UN Weapons Inspector
- The Jimmy Dore Show – US based political and international affairs analysis
- The Kim Iverson Show – US based political and international affairs analysis
- Eva Bartlett – Independent award-winning Canadian journalist
- Vanessa Beeley – Independent journalist
- The GreyZone – Independent US based investigative journalists
- Alexander Mercouris – Independent UK based expert geopolitical analysis