There are 60 new community cases of COVID-19 to report today; 56 in Auckland and four in Waikato.
As at 10am, 38 of these cases are linked and 22 remain unlinked, with investigations continuing to help determine their connection to the outbreak.
Here’s a breakdown of the case numbers:
- Number of new community cases: 60
- Number of new cases identified at the border: Two
- Location of new community cases: Auckland (56) Waikato (4)
- Location of community cases (total): Auckland 2,085 (1,362 of whom have recovered); Waikato 56 (10 of whom have recovered); Wellington 17 (all of whom have recovered)
- Number of community cases (total)*: 2,158 (in current community outbreak)
- Cases infectious in the community : 36 of yesterday’s 92 cases have exposure events
- Cases in isolation throughout the period they were infectious : 56 of yesterday’s 92 cases have no exposure events
- Cases epidemiologically linked: 38 of today’s 60 cases
- Cases to be epidemiologically linked: 22 of today’s 60 cases
- Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 1,957 (in the current cluster) (166 unlinked from the past 14 days)
- Cases in hospital: 43 (total): North Shore (7); Middlemore (13); Auckland (22); Waikato (1)
- Cases in ICU or HDU: Five
- Confirmed cases (total)*: 4,854 since pandemic began
- istorical cases: 171 out of 3,039 since 1 Jan 2021
* Two previously reported cases – one border case and one community case – have been reclassified as under investigation and have been removed from the case total.