There are 94 new community cases of COVID-19 to report today; 87 in Auckland and seven in Waikato.
As of 10am, 41 of these cases are linked – 26 of which are household contacts – and 53 remain unlinked, with investigations continuing to help determine their connection to the outbreak.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s cases:
- Number of new community cases: 94
- Number of new cases identified at the border: Five
- Location of new community cases: Auckland (87) Waikato (7)
- Location of community cases (total): Auckland 2,030 (1,360 of whom have recovered); Waikato 52 (7 of whom have recovered); Wellington 17 (all of whom have recovered)
Number of community cases (total): 2,099 (in current community outbreak)
- Cases infectious in the community : 34 of yesterday’s 60 cases have exposure events
- Cases in isolation throughout the period they were infectious : 26 of yesterday’s 60 cases
- Cases epidemiologically linked: 41 of today’s 94 cases
- Cases to be epidemiologically linked: 53 of today’s 94 cases
- Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 1,891 (in the current cluster) (183 unlinked from the past 14 days)
- Cases in hospital: 38 (total): North Shore (8); Middlemore (12); Auckland (18)
- Cases in ICU or HDU: Five
- Confirmed cases (total)*: 4,794 since pandemic began
- Historical cases: 171 out of 2,979 since 1 Jan 2021
*One case reported yesterday has been reclassified as under investigation as a possible historical case and has been removed from the case total.