According to Cloudfare IT, TikTok is now a more popular online destination than Google, making it the world’s number one.
According to a report on the BBC:
- TikTok was number one in February, March and June, and has held that spot since August this year.
- TikTok’s popularity boomed this year due to lockdowns, as people looked for entertainment.
- The app has been downloaded more than 3 billion times, as of July 2021.
- TikTok is owned by Chinese company Bytedance. In China the app is known as ‘Douyin’, and runs on a separate network.
- The app hosts a variety of short videos, mainly in comedy, dance and political subjects.
- Food and recipe videos have been extremely popular, and to capitalise on this the company plans to open a food delivery service called ‘TikTok Kitchen’, as well as a chain of about 300 restaurants across the USA.