11 C
Auckland
Friday, July 1, 2022
- Free Advertisement -spot_img
-- Free Advertisement --spot_img
HomeDaily LifeCelebrity NewsOscar-winner Kevin Spacey to appear in court on sex charges

Today's Top 10

Oscar-winner Kevin Spacey to appear in court on sex charges

Kevin Spacey charges news

Kevin Spacey will answer charges of sexual assault in a British court.

Actor Kevin Spacey is expected to appear before a British court later this week to face charges of sexual assault and non-consensual activity, the Metropolitan Police announced on Monday. The Crown Prosecution Service revealed the charges against the former Hollywood star last month. Spacey said he would travel to the UK and is expected to plead not guilty.

The charges against Spacey involve four counts of sexual assault against three men, as well as “causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent” involving one of the victims, the Met said. He is scheduled to appear at the Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Thursday.

The five alleged offenses took place in March 2005, August 2008 and April 2013, in London and Gloucestershire, according to the charges. All three victims are men who are now in their 30s and 40s. Spacey has denied all the allegations.

“While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence,” he said in a statement last month, after the CPS announced the charges.

Spacey, 62, started in theater and became a Hollywood star in 1995, winning an Oscar for his supporting role in ‘The Usual Suspects.’ He was then cast in ‘Seven’, ‘A Time to Kill’ and ‘Outbreak’, before securing a second Oscar for best lead actor in ‘American Beauty’.

His biggest TV role was Frank Underwood, the protagonist of ‘House of Cards’ (2013-2017). The show fired Spacey after multiple men accused him of sexual misconduct, however, and in November 2021 he was ordered to pay the producers $31 million in damages for effectively ending the series.

While three other US cases against him have been dismissed, Spacey still faces the lawsuit by actor Anthony Rapp, who says he was sexually assaulted in 1986, when he was just 14.

Source:RT News

No login required to comment. Name, email and web site fields are optional. Please remember to keep comments respectful. We believe in free speech. Unfortunately, due the actions of one online troll, we have had to implement a manual moderation system to ensure online discussion remains civil and constructive. Your views and voice are important. Your comment will be published after moderation unless it contains hate speech or defamatory statements.

2 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Opinion

Daily Life

Wellington
clear sky
6.7 ° C
7.8 °
6.7 °
83 %
2.6kmh
7 %
Fri
9 °
Sat
12 °
Sun
12 °
Mon
13 °
Tue
15 °
- Make Your Voice Heard -spot_img

Latest