The Ministry of Health reports there are 1160 new community cases of COVID-19 today, with 56 patients in hospital.
MOH COVID data is obtained by way of the PCR test.
‘Fully vaccinated’ again make up the greatest proportion of hospitalised cases in the Northern Region wards at 57%, while unvaccinated only account for 5% of cases.
Last week Sweden lifted all COVID restrictions despite recording 50,000 cases a day, declaring COVID-19 not to be a threat to public health, equating it with the common flu.
- Cases in hospital: Total Number 56: North Shore: 6; Middlemore: 17; Auckland: 24; Rotorua: 1; Tauranga: 3; Waikato: 3; Wellington: 1, Christchurch: 1.
- Average age of current hospitalisations: 65
- Cases in ICU or HDU: 0
- Vaccination status of current hospitalisations (Northern Region only, excluding Emergency Departments): Unvaccinated or not eligible (2 cases / 5%); partially immunised <7 days from second dose or have only received one dose (N/A cases / 0%); fully vaccinated at least 7 days before being reported as a case (23 cases / 57.5%); unknown (15 cases / 37.5%).
- Seven day rolling average of community cases: 683
- Seven day rolling average of border cases: 20
- Number of new community cases: 1160
- Location of new community cases*: Northland (24), Auckland (861), Waikato (73), Bay of Plenty (33), Lakes (5), Hawke’s Bay (15), MidCentral (3), Whanganui (4), Taranaki (9), Tairāwhiti (9), Wairarapa (5), Capital and Coast (32), Hutt Valley (20), Nelson Marlborough (15), Canterbury (8), South Canterbury (3), Southern (39), Unknown (2)
Number of new cases identified at the border: 43
- Location of origin of border cases: India (9), Japan (1), Malaysia (1), Pakistan (2), UAE (5), UK (2), USA (2), Full travel history not obtained (21).
- Number of active community cases (total): 6,721 (cases identified in the past 21 days and not yet classified as recovered)
- Confirmed cases (total): 23,127