According to the Ministry of Health, there were 147 new community cases of COVID-19 today, with 13 patients in hospital.
COVID test results are obtained in New Zealand by use of the PCR test.
‘Fully vaccinated’ patients again make up the largest proportion of COVID hospitalisations in the Northern Region, at 80%.
- Cases in hospital: 13; North Shore: 1; Middlemore: 5; Auckland: 2; Rotorua: 3; Hawkes Bay: 1, Wellington: 1
- Average age of current hospitalisations: 56
- Cases in ICU or HDU: 0
- Vaccination status of current hospitalisations (Northern Region wards only): Unvaccinated or not eligible (1 case / 20%); partially immunised <7 days from second dose or have only received one dose (N/A cases / 0%); fully vaccinated at least 7 days before being reported as a case (4 cases / 80%); unknown (N/A case / 0%).
- Seven day rolling average of community cases: 113
- Seven day rolling average of border cases: 47
- Number of new community cases: 147
- Number of new cases identified at the border: 44
- Location of new community cases: Northland (14), Auckland (90), Waikato (15), Lakes (9), Bay of Plenty (8), Hawke’s Bay (7), Capital and Coast (4)
- Number of community cases (total): 12,421 (in current community outbreaks)
- Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 9,297
- Number of active cases (total): 1,121 (cases identified in the past 21 days and not yet classified as recovered)
- Confirmed cases (total): 16,630