The use of CRISPR-Cas9 to edit genes was thrust into the spotlight ten years ago in 2012 when George Church, Jennifer Doudna, Emmanuelle Charpentier, and Feng Zhang harnessed it as a tool to modify targeted regions of genomes.
A discovery that earned Doudna and Charpentier a Nobel prize. Given its potential to revolutionize gene editing, Science magazine named CRISPR Breakthrough of the Year in 2015.
Biotech PR went into high gear announcing that an era of precise, safe gene editing and biotech therapy had arrived, promising better crops and livestock, as well as the faultless cure of diseases and genetic defects.
By 2017, it had become apparent that problems were surfacing. Multiple scientists were raising red flags. A summary in New Scientist 18 July 2018 headlined “CRISPR gene editing is not quite as precise and as safe as thought”.
A study of CRISPR by Allan Bradley of the Wellcome Sanger Institute in the UK and others found that in animal and human cell CRISPR experiments around a fifth of cells showed unexpected deletions or rearrangements more than 100 DNA letters long. These surprising changes are sometimes thousands of letters long.
Bradley noted some groups were developing treatments that would involve using genetic techniques to edit billions of cells inside the human body (sound familiar?). There’s a chance that a few of these cells might turn cancerous, he said:
“There’s a risk of causing cancer sometime in a patient’s lifetime. We need to understand more before rushing into human clinical trials.”
A paper published in Cell in 2020 examining CRISPR’s possible use on human embryos found that in more than half of the cases, the editing caused unintended changes, such as loss of an entire chromosome or big chunks of it—sufficient to cause life ending medical conditions.
The general conclusion was that editing of genetic and epigenetic systems carries risks of unintended consequences, and that genetic mobility and rearrangement of genetic sequences is a common outcome. Great caution was advised
Come the pandemic panic of January 2020 and the consequent loosening of the already inadequate safety protocols surrounding genetic experimentation. There followed the warp speed approval of barely tested mRNA vaccines. Then there was the pressure on governments:
Giving evidence to Parliament in May 2021, Dominic Cummings, chief advisor to Boris Johnson, said:
‘The conventional wisdom was that we were not going to be able to have any vaccines in 2020. In March, I started getting calls from various people saying, “These new MRNA vaccines could well smash the conventional wisdom, and don’t necessarily stick to it.” People like Bill Gates and that kind of network were saying that.’
There was no mention of mainstream scientific caution about biotech safety. The potential profits were mouth-watering. The introduction of gene therapy-based vaccines to billions of people, without any necessity to warn them of the well known risks, was all set to roll.
18 months on the situation has become apocalyptic:
- All cause deaths in highly vaccinated countries around the world are rising far in excess of pre-pandemic levels.
- VAERS data shows that cancer incidence is rocketing.
- ‘Unknown cause of death’ has become the leading cause of death in Alberta, Canada.
- In other places, doctors are just guessing at causes of sudden death on death certificates.
- Insurance claims among working age people are rising steeply.
- Funeral homes are working at 30% or more above pre-pandemic levels.
- In the rare cases where autopsies are performed, also noticed by embalmers, strange white proteinous self-assembling masses in arteries are implicated in blood clot formation.
- Athletic youngsters and aging champions alike are falling ill and dying
You might think that there would be pause for thought, but you would be wrong. Government authorities are so far down the track, that it is proving difficult if not impossible to turn around. Instead they are doubling down.
- In Queensland teachers who didn’t vaccinate are facing compulsory pay cuts.
- An Australian journalist asking questions about pandemic policy was refused entry to NZ due to his “character”.
- Two NZ journalists had their house raided, computers seized and were arrested for suggesting that some vaccine proponents might have committed criminal offences.
- Ten police turned up at a doorstep to arrest a lady who attended the peaceful parliament protest 6 months ago (ten police to one woman?).
- Pro-vaccine funded scientists are busy misrepresenting Covid data to reassure the public that there is nothing out of the ordinary and recommending more coercive vaccine and mask mandates.
- In the UK and other highly vaccinated countries bivalent mRNA vaccines have been approved in the absence of safety data.
- In Canada the courts have ruled that it is not unconstitutional to deny access to life saving health services to the unvaccinated.
Just reflect for a moment that the predatory commercial arm of the biotech industry has achieved a sought after goal:
- Risky experiments on human populations have been normalised,
- Generously funded by governments,
- Granted indemnity from prosecution,
- Supported by trusted media outlets.
- Acceptable rates of adverse effects have been raised by 5000%
- Doctors, medical professionals, and administrators have been generously paid or coerced into compliance.
- The public has been thoroughly indoctrinated by a paid propaganda blitz.
- Probing questions are cancelled by social media.
It is open season for biotech shots and no one involved in the gravy train is going to give that up without a fight. Dozens of new biotech vaccines are in the development pipeline, all hoping to cash in on the tsunami of death.
The battle lines have been drawn. On the one side vested interests with deep pockets, the modern medical establishment, and governments seeking ultimate control over personal choice, are urging on the majority of highly vaccinated people whose health is deteriorating rapidly but whose belief in final vaccine victory remains undimmed.
On the other hand, small bands of cautious unvaccinated individuals, rational scientists, and alternative media have their health, but are facing unprecedented criticism and cancellation. They have been labelled violent fascists determined to undermine democracy.
No one recalls or references the well known severe risks of biotech interventions which are detailed in multiple reputable journals pre-pandemic.
No one in authority will reference any current publishing that raises red flags. Instead they are blindly intent on making everyone comply with Covid vaccination policies and presumably in the near future with more novel biotech vaccines covering a wide range of illnesses.
For centuries it has been held that free will is what distinguishes us from animals, take that away and what are we left with?
Guy Hatchard PhD was formerly a senior manager at Genetic ID a food testing and certification company (now known as FoodChain ID). Website: HatchardReport.com.