COVID figures released today by the Ministry of Health for 12 January 2022.
- Cases in hospital: 31; North Shore: 2; Auckland: 11; Middlemore: 13; Tauranga: 4; Waikato 1
- Vaccination status of current hospitalisations (Northern Region wards only):
- Unvaccinated or not eligible (8 cases / 32%); partially immunised <7 days from second dose or have only received one dose (6 cases / 24%); fully vaccinated at least 7 days before being reported as a case (10 cases / 40%); unknown (1 case / 4%).
- Average age of current hospitalisations: 56
- Cases in ICU or HDU: 2; Middlemore: 1; Tauranga: 1
- Seven day rolling average of community cases: 29
- Seven day rolling average of border cases: 33
- Number of new community cases: 28
- Number of new cases identified at the border: 65
- Location of new community cases: Auckland (17), Waikato (1), Bay of Plenty (4), Lakes (4), Christchurch* (1), South Canterbury (1)
- Number of community cases (total): 11,210 (in current community outbreak)
- Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 8,466
- Number of active cases (total): 678 (cases identified in the past 21 days and not yet classified as recovered)
- Confirmed cases (total): 14,473
COVID case numbers are determined in New Zealand by use of the PCR test.