A summary of the Ministry of Health COVID update today, numbers based on PCR testing.
- Seven day rolling average of community cases: 58.1
- Number of new community cases: 56
- Number of new cases identified at the border: 4
- Location of new community cases: Auckland (42), Waikato (4), Bay of Plenty (6), Lakes (2), Tairāwhiti* (1), and Taranaki (1).
- Number of community cases (total): 10,432 (in current community outbreak)
- Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 7,777
- Number of active cases (total): 1,537 (cases identified in the past 21 days and not yet classed as recovered)
- Confirmed cases (total): 13,278**
* The Tairāwhiti’s case was tested, and is currently located, in the Tauranga area. This case has been officially transferred to Tairāwhiti’s case numbers as they have a permanent Tairāwhiti address.
** A case in Auckland reported as ‘under investigation’ since the end of November has now been confirmed a case and is reflected in the overall confirmed case numbers to date.