15.3 C
Auckland
Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Popular Now

Alec Baldwin sues ‘Rust’ film crew

Alec Baldwin news

The actor says the armorer and others mishandled weapons and ammunition which led to a cinematographer’s death.

Hollywood star Alec Baldwin has accused several crew members on the set of the film ‘Rust’ of negligence, which led to the death of Galina Hutchins. He filed a lawsuit in the Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday hoping to “clear his name.”

The tragic incident took place a year ago during the production of the film at a ranch in New Mexico. Baldwin fired a live round from a prop revolver, fatally shooting cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza. The actor claimed he had been assured that it was a ‘cold’ gun, meaning it was either empty or loaded with dummy rounds. No one has been charged with a crime so far.

Baldwin’s suit names the film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who was in charge of handling guns and ammunition on set, and first assistant director Dave Halls, who handed him the gun that day and said it was safe. The two other co-defendants are Sarah Zachry, who was in charge of props, and Seth Kenney, the owner of a firm that supplied weapons and ammunition to the set.

Baldwin’s lawyer, Luke Nikas, alleges that the “tragedy happened because live bullets were delivered to the set and loaded into the gun.” He claims that crew members broke the safety rules when handling the firearm, which led to Hutchins’ death. The suit further alleges that Kenney kept his firm in “disarray” and stored ammunition “haphazardly.”

‘More than anyone else on that set, Baldwin has been wrongfully viewed as the perpetrator of this tragedy. By these cross-claims, Baldwin seeks to clear his name.’

According to the suit, the actor “must live with the immense grief, and the resulting emotional, physical, and financial toll, caused by the fact that cross-defendants’ negligent conduct, assurances, and supervision put a loaded weapon in his hand and led him, Hutchins, and everyone else on set to believe that his directed use of the weapon was safe.”

Baldwin’s counter-complaint came after Mamie Mitchell, the film’s script supervisor, sued Baldwin, Gutierrez-Reed, Halls, and other production members last year, seeking damages for the “physical and emotional harm” she has suffered as a result of Hutchins’ death.

In January, Gutierrez-Reed sued Kenney, claiming that he provided an ammunition box to the set, which contained a mix of dummy and live rounds.

Hutchins’ family settled a wrongful death lawsuit with the production company last month. “I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or attribution of blame,” Halyna Hutchins’ husband, Matthew Hutchins, said.

Promoted Content

Source:RT News

No login required to comment. Name, email and web site fields are optional. Please keep comments respectful, civil and constructive. Moderation times can vary from a few minutes to a few hours. Comments may also be scanned periodically by Artificial Intelligence to eliminate trolls and spam.

3 COMMENTS

  1. But Baldwin never checked that the gun was loaded, no one including actors should be allowed to handle a gun if they can’t ascertain if it is loaded or not, Baldwin is guilty of neglect and should be sued by the victims as well.

  2. One set of rules for the paedophile ‘Hellywood Elite’ and another set of rules for thee…!
    Just ask Rick Shroeder…or any of the numerous ‘child stars’ who witnessed and experienced Hellywood J3w$ in action whenever they made ‘Predictive programming’ movies…!
    Anyone in direct possession of a firearm has to abide by firearms safety rules; obviously Baldwin cannot comprehend that!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

Trending

Sport

Daily Life

Opinion

Wellington
moderate rain
10.5 ° C
11.7 °
9.9 °
93 %
3.6kmh
100 %
Tue
12 °
Wed
12 °
Thu
12 °
Fri
12 °
Sat
12 °