Sunday, February 22, 2026

Latest

Luxon declines invitation to join Trump’s Gaza ‘Board of Peace’

Prime Minister Christopher Luxon has confirmed New Zealand will not join U.S. President Donald Trump’s proposed Board of Peace, saying the government has decided not to accept the invitation in its current form.

In a brief statement on Friday, Luxon said the offer had been considered but would be declined, while Foreign Minister Winston Peters said several other countries had already agreed to participate and New Zealand would add little further value.



Peters noted the board could have a role in addressing the conflict in Gaza, but stressed any such body must operate in line with the United Nations Charter.

Support DTNZ

DTNZ is committed to bringing Kiwis independent, not-for-profit news. We're up against the vast resources of the legacy mainstream media. Help us in the battle against them by donating today.

Promoted Content

No login required to comment. Name, email and web site fields are optional. Please keep comments respectful, civil and constructive. Moderation times can vary from a few minutes to a few hours. Comments may also be scanned periodically by Artificial Intelligence to eliminate trolls and spam.

6 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Wellington
clear sky
20.7 ° C
20.8 °
19.3 °
60 %
7.7kmh
2 %
Sun
19 °
Mon
18 °
Tue
16 °
Wed
19 °
Thu
18 °




Sponsored



Trending

Sport

Daily Life

Opinion

DTNZ News Network