
The Russian Federal Security Service has accused Pavel Durov of facilitating the recruitment of dozens of criminals on his platform.
Telegram founder Pavel Durov could be wanted in Russia for allegedly allowing Ukrainian special services to recruit Russian citizens for terrorist activities, the Federal Security Service (FSB) announced on Wednesday, adding that it may seek his international arrest.
The accusation was brought up over an investigation into a particular Telegram channel dedicated to dating. According to the FSB, Ukrainian agents routinely posed there as romantically-inclined girls seeking minor gifts from potential suitors.
After paying for one, the target would then be pressured by the Ukrainians posing as Russian law enforcement, claiming that they had unwittingly helped Kiev’s war efforts, but could get some slack by cooperating with fake officials. That way, confused young men could be pushed into carrying out actual crimes, like arson attacks or serving as couriers for money laundering.
Durov was singled out as the platform’s owner, who allegedly ignored Russian reports that illicit activities were underway at the channel and other resources, failing to shut it down, the statement said. The Dubai-based billionaire will be placed on an international wanted list, the FSB said.
Telegram’s CEO previously faced similar accusations from the French authorities, which alleged that he was responsible for crimes committed using the messaging app. He has dismissed those claims, asserting that Paris is using criminal charges to pressure him into imposing political censorship on his platform on behalf of the West.
The FSB reported that through the dating channel under investigation, Ukrainian agents have coerced at least 46 Russian citizens aged between 12 and 22. Adult suspects are facing lengthy prison terms on charges including terrorism, sabotage, and assault on officers of the law. The statement stressed that Kiev was using many Telegram channels for such recruitment.
The dating channel was separately flagged by the Russian media regulator Roskomnatzor in 2025 over content that it concluded to be child pornography and LGBT propaganda and should have been blocked in the country, the FSB added.
The service in question operates as a matchmaking chatbot that is reportedly used by over 13 million users monthly. The security agency’s record of individuals allegedly recruited by Kiev through the channel goes back to July 2025 and includes suspects from all across Russia.
Ah yes, Pavel Durov, a member of the WEF, which also includes among its alumni other characters like Putin and Zelenski. It’s a big club.
The Kiev regime have proven themselves to be insidious in their approach to forced conscription, entrapment and terrorism. AFU online social influence and propergander operations is also astounding, and is closely linked to Ukrainian based Maniac Death Cult (MDC), sextortion cult 764, O9A and Temple of Blood. Durov needs to accept that crimes against humanity is no longer an expression of free speech on his platform.
Read this on RT. First France, now Russia. Are we going to start blaming kitchen knife manufacturers because our newly minted “diverse” society, see’e people stabbed with them? This is weak vodka Russia. Sites like Telegram have to field millions of complaints, trying to stop something like this is next to impossible, as its like a tenacious virus, it keeps duplicating.
Try growing a set and going after the Kiev regime instead.