The government announced earlier this week that the requirement to wear face masks would be lifted except in limited circumstances.
The most fierce advocate for mask-wearing over the course of the COVID crisis was ‘expert’ Dr. Michael Baker.
A video by CoronavirusPlushie uploaded to Rumble on 11 September demonstrates clearly how Baker’s public advice is misinformation of the worst kind, as expert after expert, study after study, showed that masks did not prevent transmission of the virus, or any virus for that matter.
And yet Baker consistently advocated for people to get ‘masked-up’ against all the scientific evidence, even going so far as to recommend two year old children should wear them.
However, at the beginning of the pandemic he said they were useless. In February 2020 he said in an interview, ‘They’re not really effective. After all, the virus can also infect you via your eyes. It basically likes to land on a mucus membrane, and then from your eyes go down to your nose anyway.’
When asked later by radio presenter Simon Barnett ‘Did you ever say masks don’t work?’ Baker replied ‘No’.
This is the latest video in a series produced by CoronavirusPlushie highlighting Baker’s mask misinformation, featured on DTNZ.
- Watch: Michael Baker’s Face Mask Misinformation Debunked by World Experts
- Watch: Another World Expert Debunks Michael Baker’s Face Mask Misinformation
A list of sources cited and used by CoronavirusPlushie in the latest video:
- Carelessness with COVID kills people just like drunk driving
- Cases in Taiwan & Japan
- Jacinda Laughing
- Bavaria and Austria N95/FFp2 mask mandate graphs
- Scott Atlas speaking about masks mandates not working 3/18/21 Roundtable Discussion on Public Health
- Michael Baker – Coronavirus: Masks should remain compulsory in schools if New Zealand moves to orange
- Dr. Jay Bhattacharya on Our COVID Response
- Cases rise in countries, even after mask mandates
- Michael Baker: Curbing spread of COVID-19 in schools key to containing virus in New Zealand
- Carl Heneghan – Theres’s no evidence that masks are protecting children and teachers in schools
- Prof Michael Baker joins us to break down RATs and Government’s Omicron response | The Project NZ
- Challenging Epidemiologist Michael Baker on Face Masks & Mass Masking
- BBC Deb Cohen WHO policy change due to political lobbying
- Study: Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures
- Every Kiwi should have masks handy in case of Covid-19 resurgence – epidemiologist
- PPE Expert Stephen Petty, The Truth About Cloth Masks & N95s
- NewstalkZB asks Michael Baker If He Ever Said That Masks Don’t Work
- Source, NewstalkZB, 14.07.22 (13.45 – 14.00)
- Dr. Paul Alexander: Our health officials knew that the vaccine mandates had no scientific basis
- An observational study of breakthrough SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant infections among vaccinated healthcare workers in Vietnam
- Nosocomial outbreak caused by the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant in a highly vaccinated population, Israel, July 2021
- An outbreak caused by the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant (B.1.617.2) in a secondary care hospital in Finland, May 2021
- Stuff: ‘Most dangerous place to be’: Nurses buying own N95 masks as Ministry fails to provide them
- CDC Study: Effectiveness of Face Mask or Respirator Use in Indoor Public Settings for Prevention of SARS-CoV-2 Infection — California, February–December 2021
- Ian Miller: The CDC’s Latest Study on Masks is Purposeful Misinformation
- Unmasked: The Global Failure of COVID Mask Mandates
- FACT Aotearoa website: Report Stuff and Michael Baker for Misinformation here)
- US surgeon general on surgical masks
- Dr James Lyons-Weiler & Dr. Jim Meehan on COVID19, Masks, Testing, Treatment & More
- Dr. Leana Wen, “Cloth Masks Are Little More than Facial Decorations”
- Michael Baker, 29 Feb, 2020: “I think people should not bother with face masks”
- Clips from ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ (full movie)
- How dare you – Emotional Greta Thunberg attacks world leaders
- Greta Thunberg “Blah blah blah”