
The United States has alerted guarantor nations of the Gaza peace agreement to what it described as credible intelligence suggesting an imminent ceasefire violation by Hamas, the State Department said on Saturday (local time).
In a statement, the department confirmed it had warned Egypt, Qatar, and Turkey of the reports and noted that potential measures were being considered to protect civilians in the Gaza Strip.
The warning comes as Gaza authorities accused Israel of breaching the ceasefire 47 times since it took effect earlier in the week, reportedly killing 38 people and wounding 143.
Meanwhile Hamas has accused Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of violating the Gaza ceasefire agreement by refusing to reopen the Rafah border crossing with Egypt. The group said Netanyahu’s decision breaches commitments made to mediators and obstructs humanitarian efforts, preventing the evacuation of the wounded, restricting civilian movement, and blocking the entry of equipment needed to locate missing persons and recover bodies.
The truce was agreed on Monday in a declaration signed by US President Donald Trump, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, Qatari Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
As part of the deal, Hamas freed 20 surviving hostages captured during the October 2023 conflict, while Israel released more than 1,900 Palestinian prisoners and detainees.
Softening the world for what they know Israel is planning all along.