11.3 C
Auckland
Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Popular Now

Watch: UK police ‘to take no action’ after ex-boxing champ Julius Francis KOs rowdy reveler

UK police have confirmed they will take no further action against Julius Francis.

Former UK heavyweight boxer Julius Francis will not face charges related to the viral video which captured the former Mike Tyson opponent knocking out an unruly customer while working security at a UK food hall, police have confirmed.

Francis, 57, was captured on camera putting a very definitive end to a crowd disturbance outside the BOXPARK food and entertainment area in London, as he laid out an aggressive patron who squared up to him with a thunderous right hand.

Video of the incident initially appeared to show Francis, along with several other security guards, attempting to calm the situation – but the ex-boxing champ opted to put an end to the situation shortly after the aggravated customer swung a punch at another man in the melee.

London’s Met Police soon confirmed that they had received reports of an incident close to Wembley Stadium, saying in a statement: “Police are aware of footage circulating on social media showing an incident involving security staff and a member of the public outside BOXPARK in Wembley.

“An investigation into the circumstances, including to establish the identity and welfare of those involved, is under way.

“There have been no arrests and enquiries are ongoing.”

The police have since released an updated statement and confirmed that they don’t anticipate taking any further action in relation to the fracas.

“The incident took place shortly after 17.00hrs on Saturday 11 June. Officers were called and attended the venue,” they said.

“A group had been ejected and one male customer had become involved in a confrontation with security staff.

“Officers have spoken to all parties involved and have reviewed relevant CCTV.

“No further action will be taken in relation to the incident involving the security guard and male customer.”

The news that Francis won’t face charges was met gratefully by Robert Wade, the CEO and founder of BOXPARK, who released his own statement in which he paid tribute to the former boxer, whom he said was a pivotal member of the local community.

“Woke up to a viral story about one of our security team,” Wade wrote on social media.

“Julius Francis is ex-UK heavyweight boxing champion, he is one of the nicest people I have ever met and helps train young underprivileged kids boxing in his spare time.

“My understanding is that Julius and our security team spent 15 minutes stopping this man and his friends from abusing, spitting and hitting our customers and staff.

“They carefully escorted him from the premises under constant provocation and violence. Finally the person approached Julius in a confrontational manner and he defended himself.

“Acts of violence or abuse to any staff members should never be tolerated. How would you react if someone approached you violently? What would you do next if you were in my shoes?”

Promoted Content

Source:RT News

No login required to comment. Name, email and web site fields are optional. Please keep comments respectful, civil and constructive. Moderation times can vary from a few minutes to a few hours. Comments may also be scanned periodically by Artificial Intelligence to eliminate trolls and spam.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

Trending

Sport

Daily Life

Opinion

Wellington
overcast clouds
9.7 ° C
10 °
9.5 °
92 %
0.5kmh
100 %
Mon
12 °
Tue
13 °
Wed
13 °
Thu
13 °
Fri
13 °