Yvgeny Prigozhin was interviewed by L’Afrique Libre.
Prigozhin spoke in Russian, with subtitles given in French, but Twitter user @Sprinter99800 provided an English summary for his 250K+ followers:
- Economics is the main reason for the coup and anti-French sentiment in Niger, as the population is in poverty and France exploited their resource abundance.
- France only gave 5% of all profits from the resources in Niger to the people of the country.
- The people of Niger, if they controlled the resources themselves, would be rich and happy.
- The terrorists in Sahel region were created, financed and controlled by the UN, France, UK, USA, EU and other Western countries, as only a huge number of trained troops could control such a large number of “terrorists”.
- The terrorists in Niger are an attempt to cover up France’s economic crimes. The population in Niger was kept in fear with the help of militants. To fight the “terrorists” Niger was literally forced to be pumped full of troops from France, the US, etc.
- Toppled president Bazoum’s government allowed France to rampage in Niger. He and other higher officials were just covering up the plundering of the country.
- Now there is a “liberation struggle for the independence of the country,” and “God willing, they will succeed,” added the head of PMC Wagner.
🇳🇪 Prigozhin interview about situation in Niger
PMC Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin gave comments regarding the situation in Niger for the African edition of l'Afrique Libre. Here are some excerpts from his interview:
▪️Economics is the main reason for the coup and anti-French… pic.twitter.com/mINnuj0NTO
— Sprinter (@Sprinter99800) August 6, 2023