NordVPN is not just the world’s most popular Virtual Private Network (VPN) service. It’s also got a host of security features to make your online experience private and safe.
The history of NordVPN goes back to 2012 when a group of childhood friends in Lithuania decided to set up a service in response to growing state surveillance and censorship. They felt such policies ran counter to the spirit of the internet.
What is a VPN?
Put simply, it’s a technology service that allows you to keep your IP address hidden by substituting it with a random one each time you log onto the internet. You can set it up for your computer, laptop, iPad or mobile phone.
Each time you log into the internet your IP address is recorded, allowing third parties to track your movements. With a VPN service your IP address is randomised meaning you can’t be tracked. It also allows you to avoid ‘geo-blocking’, giving you access to services you may not otherwise be allowed to access.
What are the benefits of using an encrypted VPN?
- Protects your privacy from ISPs who may use your browsing data to sell to advertisers and other third parties
- Makes your internet connection more secure against hackers
- Protects your privacy from governments
NordVPN pricing plans – VPN
What are the main benefits of having NordVPN?
- Secure internet
- Fastest VPN
- Strict no-logs policy
- Blocks malware and other nasty stuff
- Privacy ‘on the go’
- Plenty of servers all around the world
- One account, all devices
- Obfuscated servers
- Multi-factor authentication
- Split-tunneling support
- Dedicated IP
- Mask your IP
- Onion over IP
- Uninterrupted streaming
- Browser extensions
- No data leaks
- Support 24/7
- Watch live sports from the source, anywhere in the world
- Private DNS
- Dark Web Monitor